Trustee and Protector Services
Licensed as a professional trustee under the Trustee Ordinance (1992), Meridian Trust Company Ltd will undertake daily administration of the activities of the Trust to ensure the obligations and rights set out in the Trust Deed are followed. As Trustee, the Company carries out the wishes of the Settlor and Protector and provides:
- Segregated administration / investment services;
- Receipt of capital or income into the Trust;
- Distribution of capital or income from the Trust;
- Preparation of financial statements and reports.
Where necessary, the Company will assist and administer trusts established in jurisdictions other than the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Please Contact Us to discuss your specific Trust requirements.
Company Formation and Administration
- Providing registered office;
- Providing nominee shareholders;
- Providing nominee and corporate directors;
- Providing nominee and corporate secretary services;
- Recording annual board meetings;
- Filing annual government returns;
- Opening & administering all bank and brokerage accounts;
- Attending to the proper documentation of all contractual obligations.
For more information, including a summary of the many benefits of incorporating in the Turks and Caicos Islands, please visit our Company Formation page.
Mortgage Investment Services
For any investment portfolio, mortgage investments are a great alternative to traditional fixed income options such as bonds or Treasury Bills. If you would like to invest in mortgages, Meridian Mortgage Corporation can assist you by identifying suitable mortgages to invest in and administering your investment.
For more information, please visit our Mortgage Investing page.
Mortgage Investment Fund (USD)
Established in 1996, the Meridian Mortgage Fund was one of the first TCI funds catering to both local and international real estate investors. Mortgage investments made through the Meridian Mortgage Fund are medium-term and provide superior returns. Since its inception, the Fund was able to deliver an annual average rate of return of 8%. All investments are secured by real property and pay quarterly income.
The majority of lending is secured by properties in the Turks and Caicos Islands, with a few real estate loans secured by properties in Canada and the USA.
Additional benefits of investing in the Meridian Mortgage Fund may be found on our Mortgage Investment Fund page. To see the latest Fund performance, please visit the Fund Statistics page. To subscribe to the Meridian Mortgage Fund, please complete and return the investor Subscription Form.
The Meridian Mortgage Fund lends money to approved parties in the Turks and Caicos Islands and North America. Lending is usually capped at 50% of property value unless there are other near cash assets which can be secured by the fund manager and used as additional collateral. A loan to value ratio of no more than 75% would then be considered. The Meridian Mortgage Fund can offer borrowers a fixed rate of interest for up to 3 years.
For more information, please visit our Mortgage Lending page.
The company has established relationships with leading banks, investment dealers and fund managers in North America, Europe and the Caribbean. As a result, the Company can offer a wide range of investment administration services including:
- Segregated safekeeping and settlement of securities;
- Web-based account access and monitoring;
- Income collection;
- Use of nominee facilities;
- Provision of cash and asset statements;
- Cash management.
Please Contact Us to discuss your specific portfolio administration requirements.
Asset Management Services
Unlike the majority of financial advisory services worldwide, Meridian Trust Company Ltd offers clients an option to have performance-fee based accounts, where clients do not pay a fee unless the portfolio meets the predetermined performance expectations.
Our asset management team will work with you on a one-to-one basis to establish an investment strategy unique to your personal objectives and goals.
- Customized portfolios;
- Performance or Fixed Fee account option;
- Performance fee subject to high watermark;
- Account minimum of US$100,000;
- Quarterly statement reporting.
Please Contact Us to discuss your specific asset management requirements.